Perfect for tightening up your upper arms, this dairy free Fudge requires 15 minutes of vigorous stirring to start to granulate.
It is not for the faint hearted cook and requires patience for it to set as attested to by the aggrieved look when I told Peter he would have to wait for a couple of hours for it to set.
- 600g Castor Sugar
- 1 (400ml) Tin Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 150g Cocoa Powder
- 50g Non Dairy Margarine(Stork)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Line an 8in square cake tin with foil overlapping the edge(this makes it easier to lift out.
- Lightly grease with margarine
- In a large pot(I used a 9 litre one) combine the cocoa, the sugar and the coconut milk
- Bring to the boil over a medium heat stirring constantly
- Boil without stirring until it reaches 112C (use a sugar thermometer to test)
- Take off the heat and add the Margarine and Vanilla Essence
- Allow to cool to 52C and then stir vigorously for around 15 minutes until it loses it's glossy appearance and starts to granulate
- Spread into the cake tin and allow to set
- Cut into small cubes and serve. It will be slightly softer than normal fudge
- It can be stored for up to a week wrapped in greaseproof paper in a tin.