Love flapjacks and these hit the spot with some ginger to spice them up and sultanas to add fruit to them. You can add seeds such as pumpkin to give them a little extra crunch but these are nice as they are.
Just enough to satisfy a craving for something sweet without being too large and good to include in a lunch box as well.
- 125g Dairy Free Margarine( I use Stork)
- 125g Dark Brown Sugar
- 200g Rolled Oats
- 50g Sultanas
- 1 tsp Powdered Ginger
- Preheat Oven to 180C/350F/ Gas Mark 4
- Grease and line both the bottom and sides of an 8 in/ 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment
- Melt the Margarine and the Sugar slowly in a large saucepan on a medium heat until liquid
- Remove from the heat and add the Oats, Sultanas and Ginger stirring well to combine
- Tip the mixture into the Cake tin and press well to completely fill it
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until well tanned or golden
- Cool for 5 minutes then cut into 16 triangles and remove from tin
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Can be stored for 4-5 days, they have never lasted that long in our house though.