Wanting to create a different recipe to cook Duck legs I had quick rummage around in my cupboards and fridge then concocted this recipe.
Usually I would use fresh figs but didn’t have any so I used dried which turned out fine giving the sweetness I wanted and middle eastern taste to the dish.
The Orange juice adds a tangy twist and the honey a little extra sticky sweetness.
I served it along with Sweet potato mash and griddled yellow courgettes which complimented the duck perfectly.
- 2 large Duck Legs
- 6 Dried Figs
- 150 ml/5 fl oz Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Clear Honey
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Pat dry the duck legs and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 180C/350F/ Gas Mark 4
- Put the Duck Legs in a shallow oven dish(I use a cast iron one) pour over Orange juice and add the figs
- Roast for 90 minutes drizzling with the Honey 10 minutes before end of cooking time
- Serve with Sweet Potato Mash and griddled Courgettes and a little of the jus(cooking juices)