Peter requested something sweet and we had a plethora of Bananas so came up with this rather scrummy Banana confection.
- 140g non dairy margarine(Stork), softened, plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 tsp egg replacement, beaten with 2 tbsp water
- 140g self-raising gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the egg replacement with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.