A delicious gluten free bread that is also dairy, egg, and soya free. Why not try along with my recipe for watercress and coconut milk soup?
- 450 g/16 oz White Gluten Free Bread Flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Fast acting Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 325 ml/ 11 floz Warm Coconut Milk( I used Koko)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Egg Replacement powder mixed with 2 tbsp of water
- 6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Mix together the flour, salt, yeast and sugar
- In a large bowl beat together the warm coconut milk vinegar and egg replacement
- Add the flour mixture and mix to form a sticky dough
- Add the oil and continue mixing( I used a hand mixer with dough hooks for this stage)
- Place the the dough in an oiled 1kg/2lb loaf tin cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hr.
- Bake in a preheated 220C/ Fan 200C / 425F/ Gas Mark 7 Oven for 40/45 minutes taking care the top does not burn.
- Brush top with honey and sprinkle with sea salt crystal if wished
- Turn out onto rack and allow to cool covered with tea towel.