These a fusion dish dreamed up last night when we fancied something slightly oriental but didn’t have a vast array of ingredients to make a dish.
I used beef mince in this instance but pork would work equally well and is more in keeping for the dish.
I served these bite sized savoury morsels on top of Thai Jasmine Rice Mushrooms and Spring Onions sauteed in soy sauce and mirin (or sherry) and Steamed Broccoli as a side.
- 450g Beef or Pork Mince
- 3 large Cloves Garlic
- 2 inches of Fresh Ginger
- Handful of fresh Herbs(I used Garlic Chives, Flat Leaved Parsley, Lemon Balm and Sorrel)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Five spice powder
- 3 Spring onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp Runny Honey
- Peel and roughly chop the Garlic and Ginger
- Roughly chop the herbs
- Put the Garlic, Ginger, Herbs, 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, Spring Onions and Five Spice Powder in a food processor and process until finely chopped
- Add the mince and process again until well combined and evenly mixed
- Take tablespoons of the mix and form into meatballs around 2cm in diameter
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large cast iron or non stick frying pan to a medium heat
- Fry the meatballs turning frequently for 10-15 minutes until cooked
- Add the remaining tablespoon of Soy Sauce and the honey to glaze the meatballs and fry for another 2-3 minutes
- Serve on top of Thai Jasmine Rice with steamed Broccoli and sauteed Mushrooms and Spring Onions.