This one of my variable recipes as I make it with both Beef Mince or Lamb Mince and whatever fresh herbs I have available. In this case I used Beef Mince and a Griddle Pan to cook them. I also barbecue them or even cook them in the oven.
Quick to prepare they are a great way to make mince a little special and a tasty week night dinner with salad leaves and my flat bread to accompany them.
- 450g Minced Beef or Lamb
- 3 large Spring Onions
- Fresh , Parsley, Chive, Lemon Balm, Lovage, Coriander, Mint or any combination of the above dependent of what you have to hand.
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- Eight wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Oil to grease the Griddle pan if using
- Put the herbs, spices and onions in a food processor and chop briefly
- Add the mince a process until combined but not too smooth
- Divide mixture into eight portions and mould round the wooden skewers then put in fridge to firm up for 20 minutes
- Heat the Griddle pan to a medium to high heat and grease with the oil.
- Griddle the Koftas for 15-20 minutes until cooked through turning frequently or bbq for same amount of time or oven cook on a baking tray for 25 minutes, again turning a few times.
- Serve with salad and flat bread.