Delicious chutney to accompany chicken liver pate or cheese.
Easy to prepare and can be prepared in small amounts
Ingredients2 Large Red Onions 2 Tablespoons olive Oil 150g Castor Sugar 200 ml Red Wine 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat oil in a frying pan add thinly sliced onions and sugar
- Cook for 10 minutes until softened and beginning to brown
- Add red wine and vinegar
- Cook for a further 15 minutes until soft and syrupy.
- Cool and pack into sterilized jars
- will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge