After roasting a shoulder of Lamb, I usually make either a curry or a tagine from the leftovers. This time there was enough to make a Shepherd pie as well. Comfort Food for a windy night.
- 500g Leftover Roast Lamb Shoulder or Leg
- 2 Large Carrots(peeled)
- 1 large Onion(peeled)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/2 Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tsp Ground Paprika
- 4 floz Stock
- 4 Large Potatoes(peeled)
- 50g Non Dairy Margarine
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Roughly chop the onion and 1 carrot and lamb
- Put these in a food processor along with the tomato puree, paprika, herbs and seasoning.
- Process until finely chopped
- Put in a casserole mixing in the stock
- Meanwhile Boil the potatoes and remaining chopped carrot until cooked
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas Mark 4
- Mash the Potato and Carrot along with the margarine and seasoning
- Top the lamb with the Potato and roughen the surface
- Cook for 30 minutes.